46% Of American Crypto Investors Are Not Happy With Their Investments: Survey

KEY POINTS

  • Forty-six percent of the 16% of American crypto investors claim their investments have done worse than expected
  • Seventy-eight percent of the investors were looking for a different way to invest when they learned about crypto
  • Seventy-five percent believe crypto is a “good way to make money”

Crypto investors have been adversely affected by the recent market, and more than 46% of investors based in the U.S. are not happy with their decision to invest in cryptocurrencies, according to a survey conducted by Pew Research Center.

The survey, published last week, also confirmed that the number of crypto investors remains the same as in September last year despite a hike in the price of Bitcoin and altcoins in November 2021.

“Among the 16% of U.S. adults who say they have ever invested in, traded or used a cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin or Ether, 46% report their investments have done worse than they expected,” the survey noted.

Fifteen percent of these crypto investors claim that their investments have done better than expected, while 31% said they have worked out “about the same as they expected.” Another 8% of investors remain unsure.

The survey, which was done in July, also revealed that of the 16% of investors who claim to have invested in crypto, 78% were looking for a different way to invest when they found out about crypto, while 75% believe that crypto is a “good way to make money.”

“Some 54% say at least a minor reason is that they think crypto is easier to get into than other ways to invest. Smaller shares cite being more confident in cryptocurrencies than other investments (39%) and wanting to be part of a community (33%) as at least a minor reason for investing,” the survey explained.

A similar survey by Finder.com revealed that digital token ownership in the U.S. has soared to 13% in July, noting that 74% of investors were men while the remaining 26% were women.

Bitcoin Price Prediction: Has This Crypto Hit the Bottom?
Pixabay

MEET IBT NEWS FROM BELOW CHANNELS

© Copyright IBTimes 2022. All rights reserved.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.